Write Me!!!!


Sister Kaitlyn Beard "Now therefore stand
Washington Vancouver Mission and see this great thing,
2223 Northwest 99th St which the Lord will do
Vancouver WA 98665 before your eyes."
1 Samuel 12:16

Sunday, December 22, 2013

The Miracle

I admit I have been getting discouraged. How could I not? You get a mission call and your departure is 4 months later. You have 4 months to prepare, 4 months to get excited, but really I've had 4 months to get discouraged. Last night I got a letter from the Vancouver Mission with a whole bunch of stuff I should be doing to get spiritually prepared. But I have this big block of discouragement just sitting on top of me. Great now what?

Then last night I had a dream. I was with my roommate Miranda Thomas. We were at a place awaiting a public speaker. The room set up was a lot like the Marriott Center at BYU where they have devotionals. Someone invited us to sit in a privileged seat on the floor zone right close to the speaker. The speaker was Sister Hinkley (Gordon B. Hinkley's wife who died 6 April 2004). She came around and talked to me and my roommate. I don't remember what she said but all I know is by talking to her I just felt so important.

When I told my parents about this dream this morning my mom said that making people feel important is what Sister Hinkley is know for.

It is wonderful to me that God gives us little tender mercies even in our sleep that help us along the way when we reach walls that we just don't think we can climb over.











No comments:

Post a Comment