Write Me!!!!


Sister Kaitlyn Beard "Now therefore stand
Washington Vancouver Mission and see this great thing,
2223 Northwest 99th St which the Lord will do
Vancouver WA 98665 before your eyes."
1 Samuel 12:16

Monday, March 10, 2014

Week 7


Dearest Family,
This week has been good!
GUESS WHAT? I found an jicama in the grocery story! ('grocery store' said like the guy says it in best two years). I am so excited! I don't have to wait 2 years to eat another one! Yay!
So here goes the stories. (sorry I am really short on time today I've been slow reading emails). We tracted into this lady who was SO rude to us! But then a couple days later we were back in her neighborhood and she was out gardening and so we complimented her flowers and such and she apologized to us for being rude. I can't even tell you how much that meant to us! So grateful!
This girl the other day asked where I was from. "Utah..."
"Oh" She said
"Why" 
"You have a New Zealand accent!"
Well... man! Awesome! Didn't have to go very far for me to be foreign! So whatever!
So this week we had a really good district meeting (district or zone meeting every Wednesday ps). For part of it we split off to role play and Elder Porter (district leader) assigned me to Elder Hallows who is an AP on the last weeks of his mission. He realizes it's just us two role playing (still in the room with everyone else but one on one interaction) and he says "What! Is that even allowed???
We were doing transfer predictions (next week is transfers) We did predictions for Elder Hallows but how soon he will be married instead of where he is going. In order to gage how soon that could be one Elder asks "Okay so on a scale of 1-10 how much do you like girls?" "After a mission? 2." That made all the elders freak out. Anyway. That was a funny district meeting. (Don't worry it was also really spiritual  but that element is too long to write right now- we talked about the battle of Little Bighorn and the Battle of Ia drang and how they relate to now).
We went on exchanges with the Sister Training Leaders on Saturday. I went to Sister Cox's area. It was pretty good. I'm pretty use to eating in strangers homes, talking to strangers, and being with strangers. Sorry Mom and Dad! the no stranger thing kind of failed now a days! :)
Elder Porter and Elder Lunt (in our area with us) told a funny story that we have been laughing about all week! So I will share. They tracted into this guy who was a talker (did you know pretty much most people like to talk a lot?) Anyway he was a really big talker and it took them an hour and a half to say hello and introduce and then leave. They tried to give him a card as they left. Just a pass along card with a picture of Jesus on it. In his accent he said "This isn't Jesus! This is Joseph!" But Joseph pronounced as yoseph! Some people are so slow! YES we are Christian! We believe in JESUS! He is the center of our message! Anyway. Some people are crazy sometimes.
I was reading in Alma 23 and learned some cool things! There are 7 lands of Lamanites that are converted when Ammon and his brothers go preach the gospel to them. One of the lands is Ishmael where Ammon originally goes. Then also Middoni which is the land that had put Aaron and his brothers in prison for a very long time! Also Shilom which is the lad that was involved in the Nephites in Mosiah that come to live by the Lamanites and then the Lamanites go back on their word and all this crazy stuff happens. It's really cool looking at that because everyone comes to Christ at different times.
I want to thank everyone who is writing me! And also everyone who comments, likes, and responds to my messages on facebook! I really appreciate it!
Guess what? I got in contact with Natalie Cox from Florida! I was talking to her on Facebook on Saturday and she is still super involved in the Lutheran church and just started a women's bible study class! She is so cool! I look forward to talking to her more.
Hey Mom could you keep me updated on the current events in Russian and Ukraine. That affects a lot of people here so I would like to know a little more.
I think I've figured out that Heather lives on the other side of town from me. So that is sad. But I guess I still have a year and a half to get transferred closer.
I love you all so much! I hope you all have a wonderful week! I pray for you every day. Do something awesome today okay? and take Sadie on a run for me!
Love,
Sister Kaitlyn Beard


They save the trees here!

Beautiful places in Vancouver! It's so pretty here!


Sister Cox, me, Sister Sonderegger, Sister Blanchard. After exchanges!


The jicama! I love it! Not quite as juicy but still delicious



No comments:

Post a Comment