Write Me!!!!


Sister Kaitlyn Beard "Now therefore stand
Washington Vancouver Mission and see this great thing,
2223 Northwest 99th St which the Lord will do
Vancouver WA 98665 before your eyes."
1 Samuel 12:16

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Week 54: Miracles!

Dearest family,

How has your week been? Can you believe it is already February??? It's crazy!!!! 

So we had an awesome miracle this week! We went on exchanges with the STLs who are now in the YSA ward. And so for the first time since my very first exchange I left my area! I went with Sister Herpich and Sister LeDoux stayed with Sister Major. Sister Herpich served in Oakhurst for 6 months and also really loved it. We talked about Oakhurst moments and people. We decided to visit one of the people in the Oakhurst ward area who might be interested. She wasn't there and so as we were leaving to go contact another girl I just kept feeling like we needed to contact another girl I'd met a year ago. I told Sister Herpich to wait and that I thought we needed to contact this girl. I didn't remember her name or where she lives. So we decided to go by the spirit just like Nephi! We drove to one street and sat there looking at the map trying find another street it could be on because I thought that one wasn't it. Well we drove and passed a hedge and I realized it was the street! Though I couldn't quite say which house. We had three houses as possibilities. We decided to park and tract and so as we started walking towards the first house she walked out. Her name is Derian. She remembers me and yes now she is YSA a year later. We talked and she is still interested. She has two friends who are members of the church one who referred her to us last year. They took her to the Life of Christ event and we'd talked with her a couple times and then we got doubled out.... so now things are perfect! AMAZING miracle! 

I am not going to lie. It is SUPER cool that all these Oakhurst days and people are coming back a year later. It is really amazing. I love the feeling of being guided by the spirit! It's seriously so amazing! 

Another miracle was I decided that this exchange might be the only time I have access to all of Vancouver and so can go see Heather. So Sister Herpich was totally for it and we went and visited Heather! It was super awesome to see her! So that was another amazing miracle! 

So ya that was a super awesome exchange! 

So I've been realizing why we learn about wheels in history and how they changed the world! Man these bikes have changed our world here!!!!! I love it!!!! we can get places so much easier. We don't have to call for a ride every time we go to the stake center. We are a lot more independent. It is super nice.  Everything is just better! We did learn pretty quick to signal stopping to each other and to not follow too closely when I stopped at a yellow light and Sister LeDoux rear ended me! 

We have a really amazing investigator right now. She was being taught a year ago but the time was not right and a bunch of stuff was going on. Well now she's really doing good and has a lot of desire to learn. We went to have a lesson with them this week and she said "so do you have something you want to talk about?" in a way that you could tell that SHE had something she wanted us to talk about. So we asked and she wanted to know more about Joseph Smith and the silver plates:) (we told her they were gold don't worry) So we had an amazing lesson on the Restoration. After she told us when Sister LeDoux told about the vision Joseph Smith had seeing God the Father and Jesus Christ in Joseph Smith's own words she got the chills. We then were able to point out to her that that was the spirit witnessing to her that this is true. Ah that was awesome! I've never had anyone point out the spirit! That was really amazing! 

Glen is still progressing to baptism on February 14th. We are really excited for that! 

So as part of the ward mission plan Bishop Butterfield has asked everyone to read the book called The Power of Everyday Missionaries. So I have been reading that lately and WOW that is an AWESOME book! This week I was really struck by the chapter that talks about sharing the gospel at work. Clayton Christensen states that he believes that the reason we feel it's not allowed to share the gospel in a work setting is because of Satan. I just want to share this one paragraph that struck me.
"If the prohibition against talking about religion at work were a preference of executives,, then different companies would have different views on it. And if the injunction against religious discussions were based in a worry that they would hurt employees' productivity, then discussions about other beliefs--like politics, ethnic differences, sports, and so on--would also be viewed as detracting from productivity in the workplace. The fact that the prohibition applies only to religion, and that the ban on religious discussions seems to be in force at nearly every workplace, leads me to believe that this particular cultural belief is the work of Satan. I see no other plausible explanation."
He then talks about how we spend the majority of our time at work when we aren't with our family or doing church activities. So if we don't share the gospel or our religious belief at work then we aren't sharing the gospel Satan is winning on that matter. 

I hope you all know how much I love you! You have all made me the person that I am today! I am so grateful for all the people who have helped shape me a little here and a little there so that I can be able to help the work of the Lord.

I am so grateful to be able to serve a mission. It hasn't been easy. There are easy days and hard days. But it's been so worth it. I've learned more in the last year than in a lot of years. I am so grateful that the Lord calls missionaries and that he lets us come when we are young. I want to be a better person. I want to be part of the Lord's work forever. I want to be able to become the person he wants me to be. I know that he has a great plan. He knows us individually and wants us to have everything he has. We can't even understand the slightest bit of what that means. It is amazing to be able to be called by the Savior to be a missionary to those who will listen. I know that this is the work of the Lord! 

I love you all so much! I hope that you know that! 

Love,
Sister Kaitlyn Beard

"Our decision to serve or not to serve affects the salvation of other
people...When the lord chooses a missionary he does doesn't say,
well the north Caroline Charlotte mission needs missionaries or the
Salt lake south mission needs missionaries, and the Iowa Demois
mission, he matches your personality your talents your gifts with people
that reside in that mission so that there lives can be touched... It
is not happenstance its inspiration."

Look at this cute little fairy house we found while out tracting!
(it's a thing here.. is it elsewhere too???)

Dannie gave me her bike! She's so nice!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment