Write Me!!!!


Sister Kaitlyn Beard "Now therefore stand
Washington Vancouver Mission and see this great thing,
2223 Northwest 99th St which the Lord will do
Vancouver WA 98665 before your eyes."
1 Samuel 12:16

Monday, March 16, 2015

Week 60: Blown Away! In many senses of the word...

Dearest Family,

I hope everyone has had a good week! I love you all a lot!

We had a really amazing miracle this week. On Thursday I decided to play my violin for a sister we are teaching. We went to the lesson and knocked and no one answered and we realized we were an hour and a half early (ya I have no idea how we worked that one out!) anyway we decided to go play for another sister in the ward because I had my violin. It was great and she appreciated the visit. Well on the way to another house we biked past a man who was struggling to carry several bags of groceries down the street. We stopped and told him to throw the groceries in the basket and on our handlebars and we walked him and his groceries to his destination. He was so thankful. While talking we discovered he had also been searching for truth during his life and several other things that led us to invite him to meet with us again and take the lessons. He agreed. We had our first lesson with him on Saturday. He was all ears- ready to listen and ready to change. He came to church on Sunday and loved it all. You know it's when things like this happen that I feel like we must be doing something right. I am so grateful for the times when we are able to help someone and find out that they had just prayed for help. That's when you know when you are in the right place at the right time. 

We had exchanges this week. Sister Boatright came with me here in Nehalem! It was a party! 

We had another super awesome lesson this week with a guy we randomly found. (We randomly decided one day to knock on all the doors in this one certain building of an apartment complex that we don't really go knocking around in. Anyway and that's when we found him). Anyway we had a really good lesson with him. That actually was probably one of the best lessons we've taught together so much so that he complimented our teaching and told us we should always teach together. 

We went on an exchange with an awesome sister in the ward this week and we were telling her about the people we are teaching and we realized that hmmm... 75% of the ones who are showing potential interest for baptism are planning on moving in the next year. We decided that's satans biggest tool for recent converts. They move and he to distances them and distracts them until they forget about this knew understanding they've gained. Anyway we can only do our best. 

We were with Jelsey this week and she just got a new oven and needed help installing it. Well we called around the ward and one of the brothers picked up and said he would be over in 30 minutes. I really love and admire the righteous priesthood holders who will drop everything to help or give a blessing or whatever is needed. 

We got to help move in a family from Happy Valley! What a party! Just super great that they just so happen to move into the ward I am now in. God doesn't do random! We also helped put together some IKEA furniture for them. (which is becoming pretty easy to do yay for new skills!) 

One of my favorite parts of training is the extra hour of companion study and the training study book. It's changed since I've been trained just slightly. I just absolutely love it! I am learning so much. When you are new to being a missionary it is necessary to help boot your skills and get you going. Now I love it because it is helping refine and increase my skills. There is just so much to learn. I am so grateful for the great privilege it is to be able to train right now. 

Speaking of which. Sister Hansen is doing awesome! She is a fantastic missionary and so willing to work and is becoming a fantastic teacher. We find new random similarities everyday! (like neither of us has had to have braces and we both have written in a journal since around 10-12). We were definitely friends in the pre-mortal life! I keep telling her that I am sure we were super excited for the day when we would actually be missionary companions and now here we are living that dream! But I'm not kidding I totally think that. 

Yesterday at church almost all of our investigators just walked into the door. I had to search around for my jaw because I lost it after like the 4th time of dropping on the floor. Just kidding! Anyway it was a really nice thing to see after literally no one coming last week (partly/a lot) due to day light savings. 

There are miracles happening here and I love it! I love being a missionary!

Yesterday we were biking and the wind was SO hard that we could hardly move and so we had to take them home and walk. Trees, shingles, fences. They all came down! Fences around here get tested a lot for strength and sooner or later they all fall down. Anyway enough about the weather. 

Happy St. Patricks day! I love you all! Don't forget to recycle on the green day!:)

Love,
Sister Kaitlyn Beard



No comments:

Post a Comment