Write Me!!!!


Sister Kaitlyn Beard "Now therefore stand
Washington Vancouver Mission and see this great thing,
2223 Northwest 99th St which the Lord will do
Vancouver WA 98665 before your eyes."
1 Samuel 12:16

Sunday, May 31, 2015

Week 70: Dos Intercambios!!!!

Dearest Family,

Buckle your seat belts again because things were crazy once again! 

We went out to Hood River this week for exchanges with the Hermanas. It's about an hour drive out there. We both stayed and worked in their area since it's a lot of miles. I went with Hermana Brown. Party with the Hermanas! We had a bunch of lessons and talked to a bunch of people. I didn't honestly know what a lot of what was going on in the details. Mostly I could tell the topic. It would definitely be overwhelming to be a language missionary! Especially a language missionary in the states. They live way back in the country like 15 miles back right in a little pocket between Mt. Hood and Mt. Adams it's SO pretty! I was in heaven right there!

On the drive home we stopped at a small ice cream shack in Cascade Locks to get some famous ice cream. It was delicious for sure.

We went on exchanges with the Vancouver Hermanas later in the week. Hermana Smith is an awesome missionary and we had tons of fun! We stayed in Salmon Creek and met some amazing people which was awesome. 

I am loving being a Sister Training Leader I am learning tons! 

Somehow the word got out in the ward that I play violin. I don't even know how it got out already! But I am playing in church next Sunday so that will be exciting. I also got to play in The Dalles zone meeting. 

I think my favorite way to teach someone is while doing service. This week we were weeding the yard of a lady and I got to teach her the whole Restoration while we were working. I think it's a great way to teach especially if people aren't totally ready for the lessons then they can learn a little more and then decide if they are ready to commit.

We were really praying to know where to go on one night and we couldn't come up with the same location. Finally at 8:15 we came up with the same location and we went and tried a lady who lives there. She wasn't home so we tried her neighbor who was and who we hooked up service for. Well as we were walking away I had the thought come in a rebuking way "Why are you leaving?" and so I awkwardly bring conversation back and we went back to the door. We talked about the atonement. She began to cry and we shared with her a scripture and a video. She said how she had been feeling alone. We were able to help her and testify that although God wasn't coming to her door tonight he had sent us in his stead. 

We were able to go to the temple this week as a district! Except the Elders were sick so it wasn't quite our district. Ah well. I love the temple! It's such an amazing place! I love the Portland temple! 

We tracted one afternoon and like 75% of the people we met kept saying they knew us from somewhere like we'd come by before or gone to a school they taught at and we just kept saying... probably not. But hey we must have been doing something right in the pre-existence for all these people to 'know' us:)

We've been EXHAUSTED this week! We wake up tired we've been running around like crazy! I swear this week has been at least 7 weeks. All the stuff I wrote of must have happened last month or something. It's crazy! 

I found a super good Ensign this week February 2011 It's got an awesome article about missionary work (it's the first one by Elder Eyring). I'll insert my favorite quotes sorry it's kind of long.

"Few joys in life are sweeter and longer lasting than knowing that you have helped others take the restored gospel of Jesus Christ into their hearts. Having that joy is the opportunity of every member of the Church. When we were baptized, we made a promise that we would “stand as witnesses of God at all times and in all things, and in all places that [we] may be in, even until death, that [we] may be redeemed of God, and be numbered with those of the first resurrection, that [we] may have eternal life” (Mosiah 18:9. All members accept part of the charge given to the Church to take the gospel of Jesus Christ to the world, wherever and as long as they live. The Lord said it clearly: “Behold, I sent you out to testify and warn the people, and it becometh every man who hath been warned to warn his neighbor” (D&C 88:81). Full-time missionaries are to have the power to teach those who are not yet members of the Church. Members of the Church are to have the power to find those the Lord has prepared for the missionaries to teach. We need to exercise our faith that the Lord has prepared people around us to be taught. He knows who they are and when they are ready, and He can guide us to them by the power of the Holy Ghost and give us words to invite them to be taught. The promise the Lord gave to a missionary in 1832 is also the promise He gives to us in our charge to find people ready for teaching by the missionaries: “I will send upon him the Comforter, which shall teach him the truth and the way whither he shall go; and inasmuch as he is faithful, I will crown him again with sheaves” (D&C 79:2–3). And the promise of great joy for the faithful missionary is also ours as faithful members who give our hearts to missionary work: “And now, if your joy will be great with one soul that you have brought unto me into the kingdom of my Father, how great will be your joy if you should bring many souls unto me!""

I love you all so much! I am loving being a missionary and loving where I am serving and who I am serving with! I am just trying to soak in every moment. I hope you all have a fantastic week and good last week of school!

Love,
Sister Kaitlyn Beard

Intercambios uno con Hermana Brown!



Ice cream (size small split on two cones!) In Cascade Locks!


Temple!




No comments:

Post a Comment