Write Me!!!!


Sister Kaitlyn Beard "Now therefore stand
Washington Vancouver Mission and see this great thing,
2223 Northwest 99th St which the Lord will do
Vancouver WA 98665 before your eyes."
1 Samuel 12:16

Sunday, July 12, 2015

Week 75: Happy 4th of July this week!

Dearest Family,

How are you all doing? Well I hope! This week has seemed so long! But it usually does when you switch areas. 

We had an awesome church tour with Kim and Mariah. They are seriously so awesome and we are way excited for them! The Elders came too and so it was a good hand off. 

Tuesday we took out the new sisters! We got (and I'm going to butcher their names) Sister Okerlund and Sister Irhig. Sister Okerlund was in TCO with me and I didn't even know it! But that was super cool! It was kind of cool to see how our attempted planning ended up playing out just perfectly to their needs. We took them to a family that has been asking us to come over for a while. And then we bought them the classic Burgerville shakes! And did some door knocking. It was just pretty much perfect though we would have never known what they needed but the Lord is ever mindful of his missionaries especially the new ones. 

So transfers! Man it's been crazy! I'll try not to bore you with too many details but the area book is electronic and since the area was combined with another ward last transfer and then separated this transfer back into it's own area we ended up having a lot of problems. We didn't get any information until Thursday. And when it came only parts came and with problems. Anyway. It's been exciting. But needless to say this is going to be a fantastic ward! Felida is the most missionary minded ward I have ever served in. All the members invite their friends to church, seminary, girls camp, scouts, basketball, etc. We had names just being given to us like crazy with every one we've talked to! The only problem we can see is some of these people have been taught by the missionaries for years.... YEARS and not any commitment. This is probably the most unique problem I have encountered. We saw some of that in Happy Valley but here it's like crazy. But we are just so excited to be working with this ward! They are just so missionary minded! Like they asked us to give talks on Sunday and when we were called we were informed that in Felida we keep church talks and lessons simple and we need to be mindful that there are people not of our faith in our congregation every week so to teach simple, true doctrine. 

Pretty much the ward is just super amazing here! I can hardly believe it! So things are super exciting! We're still trying to get to know everyone and figure out who is actually being taught by the missionaries but there are many good things happening!

So on Wednesday we went to the temple with Nancy. Oh it was seriously so amazing. I haven't seen her in over a year and I can't think of any better place to be united again. Nancy to me really is my hope. When we found her we found her on simple faith and fervent prayer. She has always just been a blessing to me and a witness that what God says is true. I can't even begin to explain all that goes into it. But finding and teaching her was a witness that God fulfills his promises. And then being able to go to the temple and seeing someone who has found the faith and stayed true and faithful is another witness to me that this really is the Lord's work and he really does fulfill his promises. I could never explain all that goes into that but I am so grateful for her. And I am so grateful for that opportunity. 

Well family. I love you so much! Things are going great and are every exciting. We are excited for the 4th of July and for this next transfer which I want to make the best transfer yet. It definitely has the potential. I've changed a lot for which I am so grateful. I still have a lot to change and I am just so grateful for this chance to be a missionary. I love you all so much! Have a wonderful week! And a  happy 4th of July!

Love,
Sister Kaitlyn Beard

Kim and Mariah




No comments:

Post a Comment