Write Me!!!!


Sister Kaitlyn Beard "Now therefore stand
Washington Vancouver Mission and see this great thing,
2223 Northwest 99th St which the Lord will do
Vancouver WA 98665 before your eyes."
1 Samuel 12:16

Sunday, August 2, 2015

Week 79

Dearest family,

I am definitely so amazed and grateful to hear of the wonderful
support and that you have felt and experienced this week. I know the
Lord is ever mindful and that the ministry of angels is real. I am so
grateful for the faith of our fathers that has led to such a blessed
understanding and perspective.

Truly the Lord has a much larger vision and plan than we do. I don't
understand the Lords plan in its entirety but I do know that as Adam
and Eve learned that it is better for us to pass through sorrow that
we can find joy in redemption. There is pain because there must be. It
comes for many reasons and sometimes just because it does. But I know
that the Lord knows the pain we feel. He doesn't ever call us to pass
through pain or sorrow that he hasn't experienced himself. And he, the
master healer, will one day heal us.

One of my favorite scriptures is in Isaiah. "For my thoughts are not
your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. For as
the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your
ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts."

My dear family I hope you know how much I love you. I was able to
attend the temple this week and the peace that is in the temples of
the Lord I know comes from God and from the understanding that
although we do not know all things, He does. He knows us so perfectly.
He is the perfect leader and teacher and father.

I had my departing interview with President Taylor this week and among
other things he talked about trust in the Lord. He told me that I have
learned to trust in the Lord and that as I move on in life I don't
need to fear because I know the Lord has fulfilled his promises thus
far and so I can trust that he will fulfill all his promises in the
future. I think that is one of the most useful things I can learn and
the most important thing the Lord wants to teach us.

I have been very blessed this past week so don't worry about me. We
have kept very busy going on exchanges and helping the sisters. I am
learning so much and am so grateful for this opportunity. I know that
the Lord called me at the time he did for a reason and the release
from this calling was put at this time for a reason... Probably many
reasons. There is still a weeks worth of work to do and then I will
come home thankful for the time I have had to serve the Lord and
represent Jesus Christ. This had definitely been a life changing
experience for which I will be forever thankful.

I love you all.

Love,
Sister Kaitlyn Beard

No comments:

Post a Comment